The goal of the Raising Healthy Children Program is to help parents and caregivers learn about child development and new parenting skills. Students will bring their pre-school age child to class and have the opportunity to participate in an Early Years Program, in partnership with the YMCA and YWCA. Students can earn 1 high school credit while in the program.
View poster, click here.
What will participants learn?
Parents and caregivers learn how to:
- Help your child learn to talk, play and read
- Learn about child development
- Gain knowledge about new parenting skills
- Get answers to your questions
- Establish links to Early Years programs
- Learn about outreach activities in the community
- Gain access to resources to support your child's growth and development
- Each student that applies will have a meeting to discuss program details and eligibility criteria.
- If you are not able to bring your child to class, it is still possible to participate.
- There is no cost for this course.
For information, or to book an appointment to register, please call 905-438-0570 ext. 57154
The Raising Healthy Children Program is offered during period 2. With approval, child minding is available during period 3 (semester 4) after the Raising Healthy Children Program.
Location: Oshawa Campus
Semester 4 (March 23 - May 29, 2017)
692 King Street East, Oshawa